Winter is still here.
In fact, I’m hunkered down writing in my cozy living room watching Winter Storm Quinn settle in on top of my house. Yup. At least six more weeks of winter.
My skin is not happy about it.
We heat mostly with wood, and even a tea kettle on the stove at all times is not quite enough to keep the air from being dry. So what’s a girl (or guy!) to do?
- Hydrate from the inside out. I do my best to drink water like it’s going out of style, especially in the winter… It can be hard to do, and I mix it up- herbal tea, hot water, water with a splash of lemon or other low sugar juice- it all counts. Drink until your pee is basically clear. Once you get in the habit, this is not only amazing for you skin, but the rest of your body as well. Invest in a fun water bottle, track in an app- whatever it takes. The one in the (affiliate) like is great because it handles hot and cold, and keep plastic out of the landfill…
- Skip a shower. It’s not gross, I promise. Well, probably not… anyway- winter around here merits a nice hot shower. Hot showers strip moisture out of your skin. But they feel soooo good… Skip one a week, invest in a safer dry shampoo (I like this one from Hask (affiliate link)), and give your skin a little break.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. When I get out of the shower, I reach for my favorite Body Oil and apply to my driest parts. A little goes a long way, and it packs a powerful punch with high quality safer oils. When you get yours, it’ll be full I promise…
- Next step- Body Butter – it’s like lotion, only better. Trust me.
- Lastly- don’t forget your face. I love the plumping oil. My cheeks and chin dry out from the constant exposure to wind and snow. This blend of seven oils absorbs instantly and leaves my face feeling amazing.
One last bit of advice for winter skin- Sunscreen. Never forget it. The face stick I use is easy to throw in my bag, won’t accidentally open and squeeze out all over your stuff, and is the most important part of skin care. Even when it’s overcast, the sun can get you- don’t skip this step.
What are your favorite winter skin products? What did I miss?